This edition contains the following articles:
- Why Read the Puritans Today? – Dr. Don Kistler gives ten reasons why time spent reading the Puritans is always profitable.
- Private Prayer: A Christian Duty – in which Oliver Heywood expounds upon the necessity of personal prayer time.
- How to Avoid Cherishing a Pet Sin – a treatise by Thomas Brooks that teaches the believer to expose and expunge every rebel lust.
- What Can and Must Persons Do Toward Their Own Conversion? – in which William Greenhill sheds light on a mystery of salvation: it is not of works, yet requires us to act.
- Haman’s Vanity – the sermon that Obadiah Sedgwick preached before the House of Commons just days after the discovery of Edmund Waller’s dastardly plot to bring down Parliament. First re-printing since 1643.
- The Puritans in Verse: A Dialogue of Self-Denial by Richard Baxter.