Does the cold weather have you shut up inside the house? Good news: the winter quarterly is now available through various e-tailers! So get your favourite e-reader, pour a cup of hot coffee, and settle down at the fireside to enjoy the following articles in this winter 2013-2014 edition:
- The Saint’s Hiding Place in the Evil Day – In which Richard Sibbes explains that though trouble is promised to come into the believer’s life, yet he has a quiet hiding place to retreat into until the storm passes.
- On Christian Cheerfulness and Society – Thomas Watson teaches why Christians have no reason to be of a bitter or dour disposition.
- Look Out of Your Graves Upon the World – Joseph Alleine. A letter written by Alleine from prison, to his friends in Taunton.
- The Glorious Enjoyment of Heavenly Things by Faith – Jeremiah Burroughs’ sunny exposition on Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- Chastisements For Sin – Samuel Bolton. An extract from his larger work The True Bounds of Christian Freedom, which seeks to answer the question, ‘Are Christians punished for their sins, or does the grace of Christ obviate this?’
- The Puritans in Verse: Christ’s Sermon on the Mount in Verse by John Bunyan.