Too often believers are convinced that Christians should never be unhappy. But Scripture records many instances of men and women who glorified God while facing a season of discouragement and despair. In A Lifting up for the Downcast, Puritan Pastor William Bridge reasons (from Psalm 42:11) that there is no reason for discouragement, no matter what cause and conditions may arise. Hyperlinked with hundreds of embedded Scripture references and helpful footnotes, this edition is an entirely new, gently modernized text that is approachable to today’s readers while retaining its original character. Includes a biographical preface.
- The Good Man’s Peace
- True Peace May Be Interrupted
- Saints Should Not Be Discouraged, Whatever Their Condition May Be
- A Lifting Up in Case of Great Sins
- A Lifting Up in Case of Weak Grace
- A Lifting Up in Case of Miscarriage of Duties
- A Lifting Up in the Want of Assurance
- A Lifting Up in Case of Temptation
- A Lifting Up in Case of Desertion
- A Lifting Up in Case of Affliction
- A Lifting Up in Case of Unserviceableness
- A Lifting Up in Case of Discouragements Drawn from the Condition Itself
- The Cure of Discouragements by Faith in Jesus Christ
ISBN 9781300956983. e-Book only, approximately 280 pages.
MSRP $4.99. Available from these e-tailers: